Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Articles and tools of writing

The topic of my article was somewhat interesting, but as I read it, it started to bore me. It was about Walt Disney, who is suppose to be the most facinating man in America, right?! But the author was writing a criticism of a book about him, and i didn't realize it until I got to the middle of it! The author kind of took a neutral standpoint, so he would not come scross as having an opinion about "Mr. Disney". He did, however give what I felt to be his opinion of the greatest Disney movies of all time. BAMBI?!! Is he serious??! So I guess The Little Mermaid and 101 Dalmations doesn't count?!! I know I'm sort of "old" but I mean, those are classics! Other than that, I couldn't really find much of his criticism very interesting at all. He was comparing Walt Disney's work before WWII and post-war. Who does that??? I've always felt Disney should be a...."happy experience". I've never felt the need to dissect his work.

No comments: